Hey Flabbergasting People,
How have you been? I hope you are all okay. Well, I came here today to help you with these prepositions of time. There are three which are really useful: IN, AT and ON. They are used in different situations. It is really simple. Check them out.
IN - Years, Months, Periods of the Day, and Decades
- My birthday is IN March. Generally we throw a party to celebrate it.
- The World War II started IN 1939 and finished IN 1945.
- What do you do IN the morning? And IN the afternoon?
- The Beatles were very successful IN the 60s.
- What time are you going to be there? I might be there AT ABOUT 3:00pm.
- My alarm goes off AT 7:30am, but I hop up out of bed AT 7:45am.
- What are you doing AT 2:00pm? I'm teaching
- My class starts AT noon. NOON = MIDDAY = 12:00
- I would rather work AT night than in the morning.
- I usually go to the church ON Sundays.
- I think my mother will be traveling ON the weekend.
- What do you usually do ON Christmas?
- Christmas is celebrated ON December 25.
Well, I hope it helped you see how to use these prepositions. There aren't rules to use them. The best way is memorizing and putting them in practice. See you later.
Rodrigo P. Honorato