Hey y'all, How have you guys been?
As you may already know, there are many types of verbs in the English Language such as: Phrasal Verbs, Modal Verbs, Auxiliary Verbs. One of these types are the following. When these verbs are immediately followed by another verb, they come up with the gerund form (-ing). Here are some verbs and examples.
- To avoid - You should avoid smoking!
- To consider - My mother considered going by plane.
- To enjoy - Do you enjoy dancing.
- To feel like - I don't feel like traveling with my parents.
- To finish - Did you finish eating?
- To imagine - I imagine myself going to Paris with my girlfriend.
- To keep - You should keep studying English!
- To mind - Do you mind opening the window? It's really hot in here!
- To miss - I really miss chatting with friends.
- To regret - I regret having assigned that document.
- To quit - Would you quit studying if you won the lottery?
- To give up - He gave up studying and I don't support that at all.
- To stop - You must stop smoking.
- To love - I love helping my friends out with some English Language tips.
- To hate - She hates reading books. How come?
Hope it can help you somehow.
Rodrigo P. Honorato