segunda-feira, 23 de novembro de 2009

Which is which? "I used to" and "I am used to"

Welcome to Flabbergasting English Blog, the place where you are always encouraged to participate in the topics, subscribe, and request lessons.
Today, I have here with me two of my students: Álvaro and Isabella. They will help you understand better the difference between "I used to" and "I am used to".
According to our studies and our teacher, "I am used to" is used for habitual situations that are part of our present routine. On the other hand, ''I used to'' refers to things we usually did in the past.
Eg.:
  1. Back in the dates, when I was 6 years old, I used to go to my grandmother's house every Sunday.
  2. I used to ride a bike when I was 7 years old.
  3. I used to eat chocolate ever day, when I was 6 years old
  4. I used to play soccer every day during my vacation.
  5. I used to go to the farmhouse with my family on the weekends.
  6. I am used to singing in the shower
  7. I am used to doing school exercises.
  8. I am used to talking to my teacher every day.
  9. I am used to drinkng milk every day.
  10. I'm used to eating beans every day.

I used to + Verb (basic form)

I am used to + Verb (gerund form)

Hope y'all have learnedwith us how to use both "I used to" and ''I am used to''.
Rodrigo Pelegrini Honorato
ESL Teacher

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário